Our team has led and practiced investigative and forensic accounting services for more than eighteen years. As one of Canada’s leading court-qualified investigative and forensic accountants, David Malamed leads our forensic team.
We provide litigation support, and court qualified expert witnesses, forensic accountants and fraud investigators. We have consulted, testified and authored expert Forensic Accounting and Investigative reports accepted and used in civil, criminal and public inquiry proceedings.
Our forensic team have acted for clients in multiple industries, including real estate and construction, retail manufacturing, health care, financial services, professional services, gaming, insurance, not-for-profit and for all levels of government.
- Fraud Audit-Many times key stakeholders are interested in what happened, who was involved, how the fraud occurred, and how much money was compromised. It is not always about recovering the funds, but sometimes there is a need to be able to demonstrate that an unbiased third party like CGW performed an investigation.
- Litigation Support-Data is increasing at exponential rates. We review it to find relevant material, organize exhibits and simplify the facts. We pride ourselves in being able to consolidate complex data into understandable information using visual modelling and presentations as aids to demonstrate what happened.
- Quantification of damages-Before being able to make a claim, companies need to know how much money was compromised and the value adds if any, to pursue recovery.
- Recovery of funds-Once you realize that your organization has been a victim of fraud, the question quickly becomes, can you recover your loss? The answer is that there are many avenues for recovery, including:
- fidelity and fraud insurance claims
- freezing assets purchased with stolen proceeds
- recovery from financial institutions, lawyers and accountants who may have contributed to allowing the fraud to occur.
- Insurance Claims- Increased attention has been on fraud and fidelity insurance for good reason. Fraud happens and but being protected in advance helps reduce risk and exposure. However, at times, the insurer needs our help in assessing and quantifying the loss. Also, sometimes, the victim company is asked to investigate and prepare a report of the damages sustained. We know that these types of reports are often daunting if not done regularly, but that’s where we excel.
- Criminal Fraud Reports– We have deep experience in investigating and preparing court ready expert forensic accounting reports. Our expert reports needed for the criminal intake process for victim companies up to expert testimony in court.
- Corporate Training– We customize corporate training sessions that help prevent fraud from occurring, identify the fraud through early detection, and if needed, methods for recovery. Training may be done online through a webinar or in-person depending on your needs. Each course can be accredited if CPD hours are required.
For new clients, please contact David Malamed for a Complimentary One Hour Consultation.